Watch before you travel anywhere!

This video (I can’t get it to embed, so you’ll have to click the link to make it work) will make you sick just watching it. It didn’t matter how fancy a hotel either. That is pretty scary. Who knew that the hotels that offer things like wireless routers and room service also offer you a great way to get some serious diseases. I used glasses in my room in Vegas. I now am very much wondering if this occurred there too.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

1. MyStarbucks says

This is unbelievable. My husband travels all the time and now I am in fear of his very life! When these cleaning people are left on their own to clean how can they monitor? Does there need to be a hidden camera in every room to make sure these cleaning people aren't violating protocol?

Just awful!

Great post!

2. says

This is exactly why we take everything with us when we go on vacation. I used to think my mom was just seriously OCD for wanting us to pack our own sheets, pillows, towels, and disposable cups, but now I'm seriously glad I picked up her habits.

It just makes me sick that hotels that are giving you real glasses are the ones that charge you ungodly prices. We know they can afford to do things the right way.

3. says

You know it is like they all went to the same housekeeping school. I wonder if the hotels management know that they are doing this? Scarily, I think they do.

4. Jenny says

I can't see the video (dialup) but I have heard some pretty freaky stories. I believe everything they might have said and I have a pretty good idea of what they will say.

5. says

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm a germo-phobe and will NEVER use a hotel glass again. Bar glasses aren't washed very well either – using straws is a good idea!

6. says

Ewwh. Really disgusting. I used to work as part time housekeeper in college and I try my best to keep things clean because I am a traveler as well so I really understand the importance of being clean. The one I worked with uses disposable plastic cups so I didn't have to deal of glasses, whooh. Now think twice about why you got sick during or after your vacation. Yikes!

7. TwistedPlot says

That is honestly one of the grossest things I have ever seen. As a frequent traveler who used to use glasses in hotels, I am completely freaked out. And that makes me mighty suspicious about all those pesky vacation illnesses!

Thanks for the heads up!