1. Learn how to love. Love truly does make the world go round. I also think kids who know they are loved do better in life. I’m not quite sure how to teach that, but by showing my kids love everyday, they have learned it.
2. Empathy. For the same reasons as love. They have to understand how their actions effect others.
3. What the naughty words. So they don’t use them and get in trouble.
4. Who the boss is — whether they are at home, at school, or at work later in life. You need to know who the authority figures are in your life.
5. Sometimes it’s okay to cry. A good cry never hurt anyone.
What five lessons do you think every kid should learn?
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Nanny McPhee Returns blogging program, making me eligible to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.