If you have read this blog over the last couple of years, you’ll know that I have had severe hormonal issues after the birth’s of my children. One of the ways I handled it was blogging about, because I often times felt like I was the only one dealing with these types of issues. What I didn’t know was that there many other women out there with the same issues. Most women can relate to the monthly annoyances that come with our menstruation cycles — from battling cramps and bloating to the bouts of unexpected mood swings. Though many of us experience similar symptoms, some women face a bigger challenge: periods so heavy they interfere with everyday activities. A recent surveyed group of more than 500 Moms with common heavy monthly bleeding symptoms brought about some interesting results:
- Heavy monthly bleeding symptoms impact daily routines. The vast majority (92%) agreed that the condition frustrates them, and more than two-thirds (68%) feel that their periods control them.*
- Women don’t always know where to turn for help with heavy monthly bleeding symptoms. More than 75% of women don’t know help is available for their heavy periods. Less than half have spoken to their OB/GYN about their symptoms.
- Information and persistence may empower women to seek the right help. Of those who were satisfied with their treatment, 38% went to two or more visits with a health care professional before they found an option they liked.
For any woman who suffers from heavy bleeding, learning the symptoms of an abnormal period and discovering available treatments can change your life. That is where HealthyWomen.org steps in. HealthyWomen.org is the nation’s leading independent health information source for women. They have put together a series of online resources about heavy monthly bleeding. The resource section includes a survey to determine if your symptoms align with heavy monthly bleeding, key questions to ask, and available treatment options to discuss with your physician.
As I’ve learned myself, talking about your health issues is the first step in getting them fixed. It’s also a great way to get support and have others help you.
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Ferring Pharmaceuticals and received a promotional item to facilitate my review.
- Babycakes Cupcake Maker (lisacooking.com)
- Healthy Steps Produce Savers (lisacooking.com)
- The Natural Dentist (lisareviews.com)
- Healthy Steps Serving Set (lisacooking.com)
- Healthy Steps Fruit Pops (lisacooking.com)