As many of you know, I live online. However, I don’t know a lot of coding (I pay people for that!). However, I’ve been trying to learn what I can in my free time, and Step by Step HTML 5 is a great book for a beginner like myself. This book allows you to quickly teach yourself how to create Web pages with the HTML5 specification. A few things you will learn:
- Use a division-based layout to structure your Web pages
- Include menu bars and hyperlinks for clear navigation
- Apply colors, font sizes, and other formatting with CSS
- Add graphics, sound, and video to your pages
- Use the Canvas tag to render visual images on the fly
- Build user-input forms with buttons, boxes, and menus
I also love that this book comes with practice files for you that you can download too. For me, I learn better doing, so that is an awesome addition you don’t find with most books.