Shedding Clothes and Shedding Pounds – #NSNation Update Week 5

I think I need therapy.  I know, you are all laughing right now, but I’ve got some definiate denial issues.  I know how much weight I’ve lost, but I just don’t see it.  And I still think my old clothes fit even if I know better now.  Let me tell you about my weekend.  We went up to Green Bay to see my family this weekend.  I had a great time!  However, my sister and I went clothes shopping.  I do have to start out by thanking Lane Bryant in Green Bay.  I had the most awesome salesperson (I think her name was Amanda!).  We told her why we were there, and she literally turned into my personal shopper.  I hope that woman works on commission, because she definitely deserves it!  We told her what was up (my losing weight and being on Nutrisystem and how I plan on losing more weight).  I went in there for a pair of jeans and some new bras.  I came out with almost a brand new wardrobe!

This is what I looked like going in:

I was comfy.  Now, here’s where I don’t see a difference, because this is the after picture.  This is one of the outfits I bought at Lane Bryant:

And here are the size differences:

In Bra Size, I went from a 44DD to a 38 F.  That’s 6 inches!!!  Though I am not sure how my cup goes up in that, but I’ll take those 6 inches!!!

In Pants, I went from a 24 jean (that’s what I was wearing in that above picture) to a 18 pants!

In Shirts, well, that sweatshirt is a 2x.  The shirt I bought was a 14/16!

I’ll be honest — I don’t remember when I’ve been this small, and this small isn’t actually very small at all.  My sister recommended going through my closet and taking out the clothes that were too big.  The part that makes me sad is that I have 3 garbage bags full of clothes now that will be heading to the attic.  I had shirts ranging from 1x – 4 x!  Why on god’s green earth did I keep them in there?  Needless to say, my closet looks a lot cleaner now!  Though I know how hoarders feel now, because it was hard to get rid of some of those clothes, and I can’t explain why.

Now, somewhere in my head, something is wacked, because everybody told me (including my husband Bill who didn’t even notice when I cut 6 inches off my hair one time) that the new clothes make me look  ton thinner.  Why can’t I see it?  That’s the part of this journey that is driving me bananas.  I mean, I was shocked when I found a pair of black pants in my closet that were a 18, and when I tried them on, they fit.  That shouldn’t surprise me, yet it does.  Though while shopping, I could hear my sister-in-law T in my head telling me that I deserved some new clothes to reward myself for all my hard work.  Hopefully, she’ll read this and approve.  :)

Well, onto this week’s update.  I thought the whole week I wasn’t going to lose anything, and well, I was wrong!  Here are my updates!

THIS WEEKS WEIGHT LOSS: 2.2
TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS: 17.8

I’d love to hear all of your feedback!  I need it!

Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

1. says

Wow!!! What a great job you are doing. I can see greatly in the photos that you have lost weight and that is just awesome!! You should be very proud of yourself. You deserve a pat on the back :)

2. says

Congrats! Losing weight is NO EASY TASK, and you need to celebrate every achievement! It's tough – I can never see any of my progress either, but with the measurememts I know I'm headed in the right direction (though slowly, perhaps)… I can also relate to hanging on to old clothes; I have a ton that are too small because there's an optimist inside me somewhere, but also lots that are too big because I feel there's always a chance I'll need them again. Good for you for gtting them out of there! Clothes that actually fit always look better on you, anyway. :) You look great – keep it up!

3. says

Wow! You look fabulous! I have found that the older I get the harder it is to loose the weight. Nutrition is important so I think I'm going to look in to Nutrisystem. Thanks so much!!

• says

I don't want to say it is easy, but it helps not having to think about what you can eat. Instead, I just open my pantry and decide which meal looks good for supper. Tonight, my kids and hubby are having frozen pizzas (my daughter's choice), and I'll be having a Nutrisystem Thick Crust Pizza.

And thanks for the great compliment! :) I just wish my brain would catch up with what everybody else sees :)

4. says

Congratulation….that is such an accomplishment. You should be so proud of yourself. It takes some time for our brain to figure out the change, but once it does whole new world opens up….believe me. I know…..I am working on my last 20lbs (I was 260lbs) and it was a hard journey. Just keep going and believing in yourself….you can do it.

5. says

I totally see a difference! You look great, congrats on the weight loss. Have you thought about donating your old clothes? Sometimes getting rid of them is a huge motivator to not fall back into old habits.

6. says

You go girl! As much as it might seem that you are not loosing much, after some time it really gets noticeable! Usually others see it before you do – but honestly, I can see Nutrisystem works! It never it easy, no matter which diet plan you decide to follow, the main thing is not to give up. And as Shana D said, getting rid of old clothes helps.

7. says

WOW! You must be proud of what you had loss in terms of your weight. Reading your blogs, really makes me feel that you really aren't happy with that result, where in fact you should. That's a big achievement there. Not everybody could loss that kind of weight. You just have to feel happy with things that you have, and be more excited on much more weight you will loss this coming days. Cheer up! That's an achievement! Tap your shoulder and treat your self for a nice SPA because of this. I am like you, who really cares for diet. I grab every comments from the people around me, because this brightens my day and gives an additional self confidence.

Cheer up dear Lisa! Looking forward to read a blogs from you having a cheerful thoughts.

Love Lots,

Jom

8. says

That's fantastic. Good job. I know what it's like. I think we ourselves don't see the change as well as others. I'm the same way… Keep up the good work!!!

9. says

great job and work on removing those unnecessary weight. Since we all know that not all people are capable of doing and accomplishing what you have gained. And some of them quit because they are tired and could not make it.

10. says

Whoa – congrats to you! I'm always jealous of those that lose sizes so quickly. I'm down 20 pounds and haven't budged in clothing. :-P

11. says

Congratulations! You DO deserve it! I'm happy for you.

Here's an idea that might get you to part with some of your clothes, rather than putting them in the attic; think how it feels to try to find clothes that you feel good in when you are wearing those larger sizes. Think of how expensive it can be to buy new clothes (that should be easy!haha) Think about some happy, grateful woman who wears a 4x finding a cute top or pair of jeans (courtesy of you) at Goodwill. I'm guessing there aren't a lot of options at Goodwill in those sizes. You could make someone who's on her own weightloss journey very happy. Just a thought….

12. says

Great job! I did Curves Complete this summer and it was totally essential to address (and it did) the emotional and mental parts of weight loss for me– so definitely not laughing at you!