Here in Chicago, we have this great festival every year called The Taste Of Chicago. It is one of the best places in the US to find great things to eat! Now, I know you all must be saying — how can you be trying to lose weight and go there! It is all about taking what you learn from Nutrisystem and applying it to real world situations. Also, there were plenty of places to eat (or grab a “taste”) that had good food choices. The taste is over for this year, but I am going to list a few of the places that had good, healthy food choices. Many years, the same companies get boothes, so this may help some of the 2013 Taste Of Chicago food consumers. Plus, I want to show you that you can go almost anywhere and find something you can eat! They also had green apples on the menu for the good health choices (that were selected by a panel of nutrition-savvy Chicago doctors. Thank you Humana for making this easier for people like me!).
Here we go:
All of these choices are under 320 calories, under 300mg of sodium, and under 2g of saturated fat.
• Abbey Pub - Roasted Corn on the Cob
• BJ’s Market & Bakery - Taste of Mustard-Fried Cat?sh
• Dominick’s - Corn on the Cob
• O’Brien’s Restaurant - Celtic Corn on the Cob (I had this!!)
• Pazzo’s - Taste of Chopped Salad
These food choices are under 500 calories, under 500mg of sodium, and under 4g of saturated fat
• BJ’s Market & Bakery - Mustard-Fried Cat?sh, Sweet Potato Chips, All Natural “Ragin Cajun” Chicken Sausage
• Carbon Live Fire Mexican Grill - Taste of Marinated, Grilled Chicken Taco
• Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria - Taste of Chopped Salad
• Pazzo’s - Chopped Salad
• Polo Café and Catering - Baked Crab Cake Nuggets
• Star of Siam - Grilled Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
These dessert items are under 320 calories, under 300mg of sodium, and under 2g of saturated fat.
• Dominick’s - Watermelon Slice, Red/Green Grapes, Cherries, Taste of Pineapple Bites, Taste of Watermelon 1/2 Slice
• The Fudge Pot - Dark Chocolate Banana
• Reggio’s Pizza - Red, White and Blue Italian Ice (We split one of these as a family!), Taste of Italian Ice
We also bought water at the boothes instead of drinking soda. It was between 90 – 100 degrees, so did our best to stay hydrated too.
As for my success this week, there wasn’t a lot. I wasn’t able to Zumba (which seems to be the best calorie burner for me) due to my back injury. I did some running and played some Just Dance, but it didn’t result in the loses I had been seeing. As my husband told me tonight, I’m not going to let it get me down. Some weeks I am going to plateau, and this may be one of those weeks. However, instead of sitting on my butt, we are getting out and doing things as a family like The Taste Of Chicago. My weight loss so far has not only changed my life, but my family’s too. However, I am having surgery next Thursday, so I am a little worried about some weight gain after that. I am going to try and not worry about it. Plus, it is hotter than well, you know where here, and I’m sure I am retaining water. That all being said, I still lost a half a pound and didn’t gain this last week. Now, I have a conference coming up this weekend, and I’ll do my best. That’s all anybody can ask of me, and I need to learn that sometimes that’s all I can do.
Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog
THIS WEEKS WEIGHT LOSS: .6 lbs
TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS: 52.4 lbs
- Dieting On Vacation – #NSNation Update – Week 19 (mythoughtsideasandramblings.com)
- It’s Not About The Numbers – #NSNation – Week 25 (mythoughtsideasandramblings.com)
- The Big 5-0! (And I’m Not Talking Age!) – #NSNation Update – Week 23 (mythoughtsideasandramblings.com)