If you watch TV, you have seen this commercial with Monty & Lee:
Now, tell that isn’t the cutest thing you’ve ever seen. I just hope when Bill and I are older like that we can be just as loving! Lee really reminds me of Betty White another senior that I adore. She’s fiesty and funny! I thought I’d throw in a few tips for a happy marriage here myself (12 years married and counting. 17 years together.):
- Have a date night occasionally. I find we get along better when we spent some time just us without the kids.
- Keep talking. Stay on one another’s radar. I think we can get into the habit of our lives and forget to include our spouses into that.
- The silent treatment never works. It always floors me when I hear that people do that. If I did that to Bill, he’s so oblivious that he wouldn’t even know.
- Tell your significant other you love them. They know you do, but it’s nice to hear it.
- Be supportive. Life isn’t always going to be roses. However, when it gets bad, support one another. If you read hear regularly you’ll know that my cousin recently died. Bill was nothing but supportable through everything with me. He totally got why I was moody and crabby and didn’t even flinch when I told him I was getting a tattoo in Matthew’s honor.
I could go on and on, but I think those are a few important ones. Well, since I know you loved that commercial as much as I did, and you love Swiffer too, I have arranged for one lucky reader to win a Swiffer prize pack valued at $20! Here’s what you need to do: