If you are a regular reader here, you will know that I lost 80 pounds over the last year. Now, with the thyroid issue I have now (Hashimotos), I have gained some of it back. However, I have kept the majority of the weight off. I have done this through a variety of methods. I’m even slowly taking some of this weight back off again.
As you know, I’ve been working with Kellogg’s with some great tips for all of our lives. Tip #24 (this week’s tip) from Kellogg’s is called What My Dietician Told Me. (More great tips can be found: Kelloggs.com/GreatStartsTips). I think it is pretty awesome that I have been following these tips in my own life.
Having a Great Start is important for everyone. If you don’t start your morning off right, it really leads to a not so good day for both you and every one around you.
One of the great takeaways from this slideshow is to add a bottle of water to the list of things you can’t leave the house without. I try to drink about half my body weight in ounces of water a day. Some days I do it; some days it is a struggle. However, by always have a bottle of water with me, it makes achieving this so much easier. I find that I’m not hungry all the time when I am constantly drinking water too! (You may have different results than me with drinking water.)
I use to skip breakfast all the time. However now, I make a point to sit down every morning and eat breakfast with my kids. It’s great quality time together as we enjoy one of the many Kellogg’s cereals or Kellogg’s Nutri-Grain Cereal Bars. It is also a great foundation to start the days.
Another great tip included is that food is fuel. It is. You wouldn’t run your car without gas; why would you run your body without the very things it needs to function every day? I know I feel better when I eat on a regular basis!
Lastly, there is the tip about if you make healthy choices 80% of the time, its okay to indulge the other 20%. I totally live by this tip! You don’t have to give up everything you love!
Which of these tips do you follow in your life? Which of these tips do you want to do better with? (For me, its still a challenge to drink all the water I need to on a daily basis and I tend to have water bottle everywhere, because I ended up bringing them places and leaving them!)
Kellogg’s® believes that From Great Starts Come Great Things®. So we’re helping Moms start every day with a tip from the top athletes of Team Kellogg’s™ and Team USA dietitians. The thirty days leading up to the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games will each feature fun pieces of advice to help families fuel just like the athletes of Team Kellogg’s. To see all 30 tips, visit Kelloggs.com/GreatStartsTips
Compensation was provided by Kellogg’s via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Kellogg’s.