A question that I’ve gotten a lot is how am I eating out and still losing weight. Now, real life often gets in the way. I’ll be the first to admit that. You’ll find that it’s Saturday, you’ve been running around all day, and its 7 pm and nobody ate. (That is the exact thing that happened last Saturday to us!). This is why I love Nutrisystem so much, because I know what the calorie count I’m shooting for. (When you log your food, it tells you what the calories are. Plus, I’ve asked for how many calories I should be having in a day.) Now, this Sunday, I’ve got a Girl Scout dinner with Madison. Since I don’t know what we are eating, I am a little concerned. However, by following a few rules I’ve set up for myself, I know it will be fine. 🙂
1. Check the menu out before you go! That makes eating out about 100 times less stressful. When I walk into Jason’s Deli, I know what I am ordering. When I walk into Chili’s I know what I’m ordering and how I’m ordering it. (Hello, Margarita Chicken).
2. Don’t be afraid to order special. For example, that Margarita Chicken I mentioned — I get it without the Pico and without the beans. My waiter has never cared that I am ordering it special either.
3. Order water instead of soda. The water will fill you up before you get your meal.
4. Don’t starve yourself before you go. If you don’t eat all day, you will make yourself sick, and you will overeat. Why do that to yourself?
5. Think portion control. If you don’t like the restaurant’s lighter menu, you can order off the regular menu. Just remember portion control when you do. Instead of eating one ginormous sandwich, only eat half of it (or less).
6. Make smart choices. You know what foods are better for you. A plain chicken breast is always going to be better for you than fried shrimp. (Trust me, that just breaks my heart to even say out loud.)
7. Say no to complimentary bread baskets and tortilla chips. Lots of calories and mindless eating involved with these!
8. Skip dessert.
9. Have your waiter remove your plate as soon as you are done. Most people, myself included, will keep picking at their food if it is in front of them even if they are full.
10. Don’t stress out about it. Enjoy your dining experience. Don’t ruin it for yourself because you are hung up on how many calories you just ate.
As for my own weight loss week, I’m down another 2 pounds. My total weight loss is 32 lbs in 13 weeks. I also had the best morning ever last week when one of the moms at Will’s school walked up to me. She first congratulated me and then told me I looked awesome after losing all the weight I have. Needless to say, that made my day. 🙂
THIS WEEKS WEIGHT LOSS: 2
TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS: 32
Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog
- Is Nutrisystem A Fad Diet? #NSNation Update – Week 12 (mythoughtsideasandramblings.com)
- Feeling Good About Shopping – #NSNation – Week 11 Update (mythoughtsideasandramblings.com)
- How Do You Measure Success? – #NSNation Update – Week 10 (mythoughtsideasandramblings.com)