This giveaway is now over. The winner is Carole Spring. Congrats!
My kids love to read. They love to draw. Most of all, they love to be creative. It’s not too surprising to see Madison walking out of school reading a book or coming home from school to go into her room to finish reading. That’s why I am glad to tell you about Cheerios New Author Contest.
Cheerios is giving away to one aspiring children’s book author a $5,000 cash prize and a possible publishing deal with Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, in addition to having his or her book featured inside Cheerios cereal boxes nationwide! Founded on the belief that reading is a key building block for learning and life, the Cheerios New Author Contest encourages ambitious authors to write and submit an original story, in either English or Spanish, suitable for children ages three to eight.
Laurie Isop won the literary lottery when she was named Grand Prize Winner of the 2009 Cheerios New Author Contest. Laurie, a small business owner, mother of two boys, and an aspiring author since the age of 12, can now add “published author” to her resume. This spring, Laurie’s book How Do You Hug a Porcupine? will be featured in more than three million specially-marked boxes of Cheerios and will also be available in bookstores nationwide beginning this July. I’ve seen a copy already, and my kids loved it!
Those who want to follow in Laurie’s footsteps and think they have the “write” stuff can visit www.spoonfulsofstoriescontest.com through July 15, 2011 to find out more.
While we are waiting for this contest to wrap up, I’ve got a Spoonsful Of Stories Prize Pack to give away to one of my lucky readers. It includes a box of Cheerios with Laurie Isop’s book inside, as well as a “create-your-own” book kit for kids that contains two hard cover books and all the necessary materials to creatively fill the pages inside, including story starter ideas and colored pencils. Here’s what you need to do:
What type of story would you write if you were writing a children’s book?
1. Twitter about this contest. You can do this daily — just leave me a comment letting me know.
2. Stumble this post and add this post to other social media sites like Digg, Kirtsy, Blogging Zoom, Reddit, Propeller, Etc. (1 entry for each social network).
3. Share this post on Facebook
4. Add this to any forums you belong too. Please give me the URL, so I can verify.
5. Comment on another post on this blog. Let me know which one, so I can give you credit. The more posts you comment on, the more entries you get.
6. Add this contest of contest linkies (and let me know which ones please). Each Contest Linky gets you another entry.
Each of these gives you 5 additional entries:
1. Blog about this on your blog. Please give me the URL, so I can verify.
2. Subscribe to this blog using either my email or RSS feed
3. Add my badge to your sidebar:
4. Subscribe via Kindle
This contest will end on May 30th at 11:59 pm CST! Good Luck!
The prize pack and information were given to me from Cheerios through MyBlogSpark.
- #CrushedIt Giveaway! ($25 Dominick’s Giftcard!) (mythoughtsideasandramblings.com)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Giveaway! (mythoughtsideasandramblings.com)
- Share in the Celebration Giveaway! (mythoughtsideasandramblings.com)
- Truth Be Told Giveaway (mythoughtsideasandramblings.com)