This post brought to you by COUNTRY Financial®. The content and opinions expressed below are that of My Thoughts, Ideas, and Ramblings.
Once you have kids, your life changes. A lot. I have to say for the better, but if you are waiting for your little one to arrive, just be warned that you can’t be prepared for how much your life will change! Two kids later, I have some great advice for you. These are just a few ways your life will change once your bundle of joy arrivesL
- You will never sleep in again. Well, until they are teenagers.
- You no longer go to the bathroom. You “go potty”. You will ask other adults if they need to “go potty”. You will announce to others that you have to “go potty”.
- If you are a woman, your body is never, ever the same. I bounced back pretty well after my first. My second pregnancy completely changed my body, so that none of my pre-pregnancy clothes fit!
- You no longer have a name. You are forever known as somebody’s mom. I’m either Madison’s mom or Will’s mom. I am no longer Lisa.
- You will bargain with your spouse over who will feed next or change the next diaper. You’d be shocked what you are willing to give up to just get another 5 minutes of sleep!
- Who knew there were so many brands of diapers? Who knew they do different things?
- Who knew you’d get into arguments over breastfeeding and bottle feeding?
- Who knew you’d be concerned about how much another person was eating and going to the bathroom?
- You learn that everything you thought you knew about parenting was wrong.
- You never knew your heart could contain so much love.