Compensation was provided by Hershey via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Hershey or Momtrends.
With Valentine’s Day around the corner, it is time to start thinking about what you are going to give the ones you love. How about this year you plan on doing something that is a little more outside the box both literally and figuratively? There are so many ways to show your loved ones how much you care about them besides a teddy bear and a dozen roses! Here’s a list of 10 things you can do instead!
- Valentine’s Day Baskets. Everyone is familiar with the Easter Basket, so how about starting the tradition of creating Valentine’s Day baskets for your loved ones?If you know me, this Valentine’s Day basket is after my heart in every way. Reese’s is my favorite guilty pleasure, so creating a basket full of Reese’s products is the way to get into my heart. Now, I know not everyone is the Reese’s fan that I am, so you could also do a Hershey’s basket too!
- Experiences. Is there something your loved one always has wanted to do? Take him/her! I know there are plenty of things I’d love to do here in Chicago that we haven’t been able to try yet. Be it a carriage ride in Central Park or a local museum you always wanted to try, an experience like these will always stay with you.
- Paint Nite. Find a local bar that does a wine and paint night and enjoy a night off painting a picture together!
- Make something together. We use a local pottery place and made some amazing pottery for the house.
- Volunteer. There is nothing better than giving back to your local community. You can anything from volunteering at a soup kitchen to sending flowers to a local nursing home or children’s hospital.
Make this Valentine’s Day even sweeter for your loved ones with a Valentine’s Day surprise. What gifts do you plan on giving this year for Valentine’s?