You all have to agree that pregnancy nowadays is so different than our parents. The medical advances alone have changed so much between the baby boomer generation vs. the millennials. I came up with a short list of ways pregnancy has change:
- Back in the day, they didn’t know the second they were pregnant (okay, we don’t know the second but we know a whole lot earlier than they did!).
- They didn’t have ultrasounds like we do. (I think I had 6 ultrasounds with Madison, and with Will, I ended up with a 3D one because my triple screen came back ungodly high).
- There was no such thing as helicopter parenting or free-range parenting.
- One of the best changes though has to be prenatal vitamins. To be honest, I don’t think they were around when my mom had me! That being said, did you know prescriptions prenatals are really for everyone? They aren’t just for high risk pregnancies (and they can even be taken even if you aren’t pregnant!). Vitafol® is the #1 doctor recommended prescription prenatal vitamin line with more of the vital nutrition you need. It provides the vital nutrition you need for a healthy pregnancy. As somebody who doesn’t digest tablets very well, I was so excited to hear about the Vitafol Gummies. They have complete nutrition with almost twice as much folic acid as over-the-counter gummies, and they also contain iron. Vitafol Gummies are delicious and they are gluten and lactose-free. I can’t tell you how much I wish that I could have gotten these when I was pregnant. I use to throw up my pills and what I did manage to keep down, I didn’t absorb. It was this horrible constant cycle that would have been resolved with Vitafol! Make sure to check out their FB page!
- We have more delivery options. C-sections can be planned and scheduled. Also, due to ultrasounds, we have a way better idea of due dates.
- Medications. There was nothing for preterm labor. I thank my lucky stars that when I had my kids there was. With two kids with preterm labor issues, it truly was life saver.
- We have more say in what’s going on. There was no such thing as a birth plan when we were born. Now, we all discuss with our doctors what music we want played, if we want an epidural, and all those things beforehand.
Make sure you share how your #millennial #pregnancy(ies) compares/compared to #BabyBoomer pregnancies on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #BabyBodyReady and check out http://bit.ly/BabyBodyReady for more information on Vitafol Ultra, Vitafol Fe+ with more iron and Vitafol Gummies and get a money saving coupon!
In the end, we all end up with a baby. We may do things differently but some things stay the same.
How do you think parenting and pregnancy has changed since our parents had us?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Vitafol®. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.