There are a few supplies you will need for this recipe:
Candy Corn Cookies
Write a review
- 5 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 C soft unsalted butter
- 2 C granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- Candy Corn
- #5 round tip
- 4 egg whites
- 2 C powder sugar
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- Orange, golden yellow & black gel food coloring
- Candy eyes
- Cream the soft butter with the sugar until the combination is smooth not grainy to the touch in a mixing bowl.
- Add all 4 eggs at one time...Continue to mix. -Add the vanilla.. Continue mixing.
- Sift the four, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Continue mixing to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Make the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling wrap completely covering the entire dough ball.
- Put in the refrigerator for about 6 hours or overnight. Check to see if the dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pull the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and sit it out to soften up a bit.
- Put flour out on the wood cutting board, rub flour on the rolling pin, and work some flour into the batter. (if necessary).
- Roll the dough out on the cutting board and using your cookie cutter begin to make your cookies.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a metal spatula move the cut cookie to the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Check to see if the cookies are thoroughly baked.
- Remove cookies from the cookie sheet and put on a wire rack to completely cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes. (except your food coloring)
- If icing is not stiff enough add 1/4 C powder sugar.
- Pull out 6 bowls and begin to divide the icing.
- Bowl #1, put 4 TBSP of icing in, add several drops of black gel food coloring stirring well until all of the color is blended. Divide the rest of the icing equally between three bowls.
- Bowl #2, add several drops of orange gel food coloring stirring well until all of the color is blended. Bowl #3, add several drops of golden yellow gel food coloring stirring well until all of the color is blended. The last bowl of icing it remains white.
- Spoon each of the icings into individual frosting bags with a #5 tips.... twist the open end of the bag to push the icing to the tip.
Basic Directions for icing
- Follow the colors and accent colors as displayed on each cookie.
- First step for each cookie is to outline them .
- Allow the icing outline at least 30 seconds to dry before filling that part of the cookie in with the other icing*. ( After outlining all of these cookies you squeeze some the remaining icing into a bowl and add the 1 tsp of water and mix well to get the right consistency .) Leave some of the icing in the frosting bag for additional accent work on each of the cookies. Using a butter knife to spread it from the outlined part inwards to the center.
- Outline the top third of the candy corn in white.
- Using the thinner icing fill in the top third of the candy corn in white icing. Allow to dry slightly.
- Outline the center part of the candy corn with orange. Allow this to dry slightly before filling it in with orange icing. Allow to dry a little bit.
- Outline the bottom third of the candy corn in golden yellow allowing it to dry slightly before filling this part in with more golden yellow icing.
- Using black icing draw a mouth and two eye brows. Place the candy eyes under the eye brows.
- Allow 5-10 hours to dry.
My Thoughts, Ideas, and Ramblings https://mythoughtsideasandramblings.com/