I’m so excited to be able to say that Marvel’s CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR is now playing in theatres everywhere! I promise that this is a movie that the whole family will love – and make sure you sit through the entire end credits!
In celebration of CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR opening, I wanted to send around an amazing video highlighting the female stars in the film includingScarlett Johansson (“Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow”), Emily VanCamp (“Sharon Carter / Agent 13”), and Elizabeth Olsen (“Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch”)!
Since this will be so amazing, I’ve included a cookie recipe for you to enjoy while you watch!
Captain America Shield Cookies
- 5 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 C soft unsalted butter
- 2 C granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- circle cookie cutter
- 4 egg whites
- 2 C powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- red and blue gel food coloring
- Cream the soft butter with the sugar until the combination is smooth not grainy to the touch in a mixing bowl.
- Add all 4 eggs at one time...Continue to mix.
- Add the vanilla.. Continue mixing.
- Sift the four, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Continue mixing to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Make the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling wrap completely covering the entire dough ball.
- Put in the refrigerator for about 6 hours or overnight. Check to see if the dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pull the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and sit it out to soften up a bit.
- Put flour out on the cutting board, rub flour on the rolling pin, and work some flour into
- the batter. (if needed).
- Roll the dough out on the cutting board and using the cookie cutter begin to make your cookies.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a metal spatula move the cut cookies to the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Check to see if the cookies are thoroughly baked.
- Take the cookies off of the cookie sheet and put on a wire rack to cool completely.
- (About 10 minutes).
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes. (except your food coloring)
- If icing is not stiff enough add 1/4 C powder sugar.
- Divide the icing into 3 equal bowls.
- The first bowl of icing remains white.
- The second bowl of icing, add several drops of red gel food coloring. Stir to mix.
- In the third bowl, add several drops of blue into the icing and mix.
- Spoon each color of icing into individual frosting bags with a #2 tips. Twist the open end of the bag to push the icing to the tip.
- Squeeze the majority of the icing into a bowl then add 1 tsp of water to this icing and stir to mix the water and icing together.
- Using a edible marker, draw on Captain America shield onto the circle cookie.
- Using the white icing, fill in the star and one of the rings.
- Wait 10 minutes
- Using the red icing, fill in the rest of the rings.
- Using the blue icing, fill in the circle around the star.
- Let dry for 4 hours before enjoying!
Like CAPTAIN AMERICA on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CaptainAmerica
Follow CAPTAIN AMERICA on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CaptainAmerica
Follow Marvel on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/marvel/
Visit the official CAPTAIN AMERICA website here: http://marvel.com/captainamerica
CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR is now playing in theatres everywhere!