With Captain Marvel in the theater, it is the perfect time to enjoy these donuts!
Captain Marvel Donuts
Captain Marvel Sprinkles:
- 2 Red and 2 Blue Nonpareils and Sprinkle Jimmies 4 packets total
- 2 packets of gold star sprinkles
- 1 bowl to mix everything in
- 2 2/3 C flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/4 C melted butter
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 2 large egg room temp
- 1/4 C vegetable oil
- Red and Navy Blue food coloring
- Captain Marvel Sprinkles
Donut icing ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 - 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a baking spray to prep your doughnut pan.
- Set the pan to the side.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the whole milk, sour cream , and eggs into a separate bowl.
- Whisk in the melted butter, vegetable oil, and vanilla
- Gradually whisk in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined
- Divide the batter into two bowls
- Add a few drops of the red gel coloring into one bowl and mix until combined
- Add a few drops of the navy blue gel coloring into the second bowl and mix until combined
- Scoop 1 batter into a disposable piping bag and the other batter into another piping bag
- Pipe one color on one side of the donut shape cavity and the other color on the other side
- Bake at 400 degrees for 9 minutes.
- Allow doughnuts to cool a few minutes in the pan.
- Transfer the donuts to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a stand mixer, using the water to adjust for desired consistency.
- Dip donuts into the icing and place onto wire rack
- Sprinkle some sprinkles onto the donuts
- Allow to dry for 15 minutes before enjoying!