Since I know I have local Chicago readers, I wanted to pass along this perfect activity if you have kids. Bill, the kids, and I will be attending. My kids love dinosaurs and trains, so this is right up their alley!
DINOSAUR TRAIN™: PLAY THE DAY AWAY!
A fun-filled day of Dinosaur Train events and activities perfect for the whole family.
WHEN: Saturday, May 29, 2010 9 am – 4 pm
LOCATION: The Field Museum
1400 S. Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL
East Entrance (Museum Campus Drive & Solidarity Drive facing Adler Planetarium)
CHECK IN: Classroom C, Ground Floor
- FREE Basic Museum Admission: the first 75 kids between the ages of 3 (aff)-8 who come to The Field Museum’s East Entrance will receive free Basic Admission for them and one parent.
- Dinosaur Train Casting “Roar”: calling all kids ages 3 (aff)-8…show us your star power and you could end up being featured in a commercial or online video!
- Meet Dr. Scott Sampson, Ph.D.: Dinosaur Train host and world-renowned paleontologist, appearing between 9:30-noon.
- Toy World Premiere: be the first to see and play with the exciting Dinosaur Train toy line from Learning Curve—not yet available in stores!
- Sing Along: with Dinosaur Train show creator, Craig Bartlett, who will perform the show’s theme song and other hits from the show.
- Meet Buddy the Dinosaur: meet the star of Dinosaur Train live and in-person!
- Win Valuable Prizes—including $100 Savings Bonds: participate in the “Big Dino Dig” to win prizes—from toys to bookmarks to $100 US Savings Bonds!
- Enjoy Dinosaur Train Activities All Day: color your favorite characters, play Dinosaur Traincomputer games and watch episodes of the hit PBS KIDS® series.
- Attend a special family lecture on dinosaur discoveries related to Dr. Scott’s recent book. A book signing will follow. Call 312-665-7400 to reserve a seat for this lecture. Space is limited.
Come to play—stay for the day!
§ For questions in advance of the event, call 312-670-7079.