With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, you don’t want to forget a treat for your very best friend, your dog! They too deserve some loving and very special treat of their own. Here’s an easy and fun recipe you can make year round for your dog to show them how much you love them. The best part is that these are ingredients you should have around your house!
Doggie Valentine Rawhide Treats
- 6-8 thin rawhide stick dog treats
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 8 slices cooked bacon - crumbled you can also buy this crumbled already from places like Costco
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Spread peanut butter on 3/4 of each dog stick treat. Set on baking sheet and freeze for 5 minutes. (This makes it easier to apply the bacon).
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon onto a plate and roll each stick in it to cover the peanut butter. Freeze for 10 minutes to help the bacon stick to the peanut butter.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to one week.