That is how bad I feel right now. I woke up at 1 am this morning to the worst pain I have ever had. This pain is probably the equivalent of having a baby or a kidney stone (both of which I have had). The worse part — it is in my breast. (warning: body parts conversation about to ensue). I pumped at 1 and cried the entire time (and anyone who know me know I don't cry — ever). I then tried to go back to bed. I put a moist heating pad on my breast and laid in bed and cried until 5. I did some research and all I came up with was mastisis and a clogged duct. Problem is, I don't have all the symptoms for either one. At 5, I finally remember that I have 600 mg of Ibuprofin left from when I had Will, so I took one of those. I also pumped in extreme pain for 45 minutes. My doctor's office does not open until 9, so I had to suck it up till then. When I did get ahold of them, they told me to monitor my symptoms and call back at 12 (which I did). She told me that they were having problems getting ahold of the dr and that she would call me back when she did. About 1:10, she called me back and said since I was not running a fever I most likely just had a clogged duct. I should keep taking the Ibuprofin and if I spiked a fever, I needed to call.
2 (aff) o'clock rolled around and we had to take Will to his pediatric cardiologist appointment. I took my temp again and it was 100.3 (aff). Instead of calling the doctor, we went to Will's appointment. I know, typical mom. His health is more important than mine. 🙂 Good news, the heart murmur is normal one and they are not concerned at all. We have to go back in 5 months, so they can recheck. However, they told me not to worry about it.
It was about 4 by the time we got home (aff) and my temp was about 97.9. So I still didn't call. I pumped, ate something, and went to bed. I woke up about 8:30 pm and pumped and took my temp. I am now running a 101.3 (aff) fever. I had the doctor paged and she decided to call me a prescription for antibiotics in. Being that I pump, I should not have mastis. However, something is definitely going on. If my fever does not go down in the next 4 hours, I will be going to the emergency room tonight. What a great way to spend the 4th!
I'll take any advice that anyone has!