This giveaway is now over. The winner is Patti Hess. Congrats!
Since Will is only 3 (aff), it is often hard to find games that are made for his level. However, Mega Bloks Domino Build Game definitely fits the bill.
First, you play your cards by matching colors and animals (just like you would playing dominoes). If you make a domino match, you win a block for the zoo animal you choose. Once you have all the pieces for your animal, you win!
This game last just long enough. We didn't lose his attention playing, and it is easy enough for him to understand exactly what he is suppose to do. (The age range on this is from 3 (aff) – 6 which fits well. My seven year old even enjoyed playing it too!) I love that this game also helps your child's fine motor skills and hand eye coordination. We were able to add in a couple of extra things by having Will tell us what color things were, what the animals are, etc. He is speech delayed, so if we can get him to work on his speech while playing a game, it is even better. Best of all, Mega Bloks Domino Build is fun for the kids to play.
Mega Bloks has a great Family Club you can be a part of if you love their products as much as we do. There are printable coupons (right now it's for $5 off and $30 purchase), contests, sweepstakes, and promotions there too. You can find information on all the new toys coming out, a free email newsletter, and an educational blog.
Since we enjoyed this game so much, I have arranged for one lucky reader to get their own game! Here's what you need to do:
Head over to Mega Bloks and tell me who is your favorite Mega Bloks brand they carry. Is it Hello Kitty? Or Thomas the Train? Or somebody else?
1. Twitter about this contest. You can do this daily — just leave me a comment letting me know.
2 (aff). Stumble this post and/or add this post to other social media sites like Digg, Kirtsy, Blog Engage, Reddit, Propeller, Etc. (1 entry for each social network).
3. Comment on any other post on this blog. (1 entry for each post). Let me know which posts you commented on.
4. Share this post on Facebook.
5. Add this to any forums you belong too. Please give me the URL, so I can verify.
6. Add this to any linky contest lists.
Each of these gives you 5 additional entries:
1. Blog about this on your blog. Please give me the URL, so I can verify.
3. Add my badge to your sidebar (each blog gets you 5 additional entries):
Each of these will give you 10 additional entries:
1. Sign up for my free newsletter!
2. Subscribe via Kindle for this blog!
This contest will end March 12th at 11:59 pm CST! Good Luck! (Both US and Canada residents are welcome to enter!)