Prep: 5 minutes | Bake Time: 18-21 minutes | Total: Approximately 1.5 hours (includes 1 hour cooling
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 18 Mint Oreo cookies, roughly chopped
- ½ cup Green M&M’s (may use original chocolate or mint flavored)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare an 8×8 baking pan by spraying with cooking spray or lining with aluminum foil for easy removal. Set aside.
- Add melted butter (slightly cooled), egg, brown sugar and vanilla extract into a large bowl. Whisk until incorporated.n
- Add the flour and salt – stirring just until combined.
- Incorporate the crushed Mint Oreos, followed by the M&M’s.
- Spoon the batter into prepared pan. Spread it so it is evenly distributed and reaches the edges of the pan. Optional: To make your cookie bars even more appealing, you may place a few extra M&M’s and crushed Oreo’s strategically on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 18-21 minutes, or until center is done. Allow the bars to cool for 60 minutes on a wire rack. They will firm up as they cool.
- Place the bars on a cutting board and using a sharp knife – cut into either 9 or 12 squares.
- *Store bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.