Who doesn’t love Pirates of The Carribean? I know my family does, so I have created this super easy recipe for you to enjoy while you watch the new film on May 26th!
- 3 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C soft unsalted butter
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1 eggs
- Cookie Cutter: Flag cutter
- 2 egg whites
- 1 C powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Black food coloring
- 2 piping bag with a number two tip
- squeeze bottle
- black edible marker
- Cream the soft butter with the sugar until the combination is smooth not grainy to the touch in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs...Continue to mix.
- Add the vanilla.. Continue mixing.
- Sift the four, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Continue mixing to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Make the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling wrap completely covering the entire dough ball.
- Put in the refrigerator for about 6 hours or overnight. Check to see if the dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pull the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and sit it out to soften up a bit.
- Put flour out on the cutting board, rub flour on the rolling pin, and work some flour into
- the batter. (if needed).
- Roll the dough out on the cutting board and using the cookie cutter begin to make your cookies.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a metal spatula move the cut cookies to the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Check to see if the cookies are thoroughly baked.
- Take the cookies off of the cookie sheet and put on a wire rack to cool completely. (About 10 minutes).
- combine all ingredients except the colors into a standing mixing bowl.
- mix on medium speed onto stiff peaks form
- Split icing into two bowls
- In one bowl, add the black gel and mix
- Add more gel color to get the shade of black that you want
- Scoop some white into one piping bag and some black into the second bag
- Add 2 tbsp of water into the remaining black icing that is in the bowl.
- Add the thinned black icing into the squeeze bottle
- Take the black edible marker and outline a a torn pirate flag
- Take the black icing in the piping bag and outline the flag in icing
- Fill in the black outline with the black icing in the squeeze bottle
- Let dry for an hour
- Using the white icing in the piping bag, pipe on the skull and crossbones
- Take the black piping bag and add a black line to the side of the flag,
- Add a black dot to the top of the flag.
- Let dry for 4 hours.
Follow PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DisneyPirates
Like PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PiratesOfTheCaribbean
Follow PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/disneypirates/
Visit the official PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES website here: http://pirates.disney.com/
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES opens in theaters everywhere May 26th!