This giveaway is now over. The winner is Laura. Congrats!
Some toys just bring back great memories. Rubik's Cube has to be one of those. Who doesn't remember a Rubik's Cube from when they were a kid? However, can you believe they are 30 years old this year? (Man, I feel old!)
There is also a “You CAN Do The Rubik’s Cube” program that is designed to get youth engaged in math and science in a fun way. I'll be honest — I had no idea that a Rubik's Cube can help teach colors, fractions, measurements, geometry, and algebra. Here, I thought I was just having fun! Rubik's has even designed a solution guide and lesson plans to help engage youth in grades 3 (aff)-12 and special education programs. Besides the above skills, the Rubik's Cube can be used as a memorization, sequencing, problem solving, and confidence building tool. (Full disclosure: Rubik's Cube sent my daughter's school a Rubik's Cube Math Education Kit worth $150). My favorite part? It came with a solution guide (though I swear reading it was like looking at calculus. My husband, the engineer, disagrees).
Since this brought up so many great memories (and I'm glad to see my kids will get some great memories too), I have arranged for one lucky winner to get their own Rubik's Cube. Here's what you need to do:
Tell me who you would give this Rubik's Cube to and why! (Or would you keep it for yourself?)
Each of these gives you one additional entry:
1. Twitter about this contest. I’ve made it super easy by adding a tweet button up by the title of this post! You can do this daily — just leave me a comment letting me know.
2 (aff). Stumble this post and add this post to other social media sites like Digg, Kirtsy, Blogging Zoom, Reddit, Propeller, Etc. (1 entry for each social network).
3 (aff). Comment on any other post on this blog. (1 entry for each post). Let me know which posts you commented on.
4. Like this post on Facebook. (I've included a like button at the beginning and end of this post to make it super easy).
5. Add this to any forums you belong too. Please give me the URL, so I can verify.
6. Add this to any linky contest lists.
Each of these gives you 5 additional entries:
1. Blog about this on your blog. Please give me the URL, so I can verify.
3. Add my badge to your sidebar (each blog gets your 5 additional entries):
If this isn't working, please let me know. For some reason, WordPress seems to be eating the code up when I post.
Each of these will give you 10 additional entries:
1. Sign up for my free newsletter!
2. Subscribe via Kindle for this blog!
This contest will end August 31st at 11:59 pm CST! Good Luck!