Calling all Trolls fans! Yes, you! Did you know that the new Trolls Holiday movie will be released just in time to kickoff the Holiday movie season? Available exclusively at Walmart, the new movie will have the whole cast back with a new song. Here’s the trailer if you haven’t seen it yet:
Now, to get ready for this amazing movie night, we have a few things to take care of first. Now, when we watch holiday movies we must have a few things available to us: blankets and snacks! We all cuddle up together either in our living room or our basement to enjoy a few movies together this time of year. A timeless snack that goes with any holiday movie is my Holiday Cookie sticks!
Served with milk, they are truly enjoyable. Here’s how to make your own:
Holiday Cookie stick
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1 C sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 C chocolate chips
- 1/2 bag of Ghirardelli milk chocolate melting chips
- 1/2 bag of Ghirardelli white chocolate melting chips
- different variety of christmas sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a standing mixer, cream butter and sugar until creamed together and combined.
- Beat in egg, vanilla, and almond extract.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and baking powder and use a whisk and mix to combined.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to a rectangle shape about 1/2 inch thick
- Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut the dough into strips 1 inch wide and 4 inches long
- Place strips on to cookie sheets and bake for about 8-10 minutes
- Let sit on pans for a couple minutes, then remove to cooling racks.
- Melt the chocolate and pour each into a piping bag.
- Snip the corner and drizzle over the tops of the cookies.
Add your favorite holiday sprinkles.
Now, we can enjoy a few minutes of the Trolls Holiday movie:
I can’t wait to see the whole film! How do you make a Holiday family movie night special?