Sometimes it is nice to have a little fun with our cookies. Dare I say I like to play with our food? These cookies are cute and fun to eat. Your kids will love the Ear Muff Oreo Cookies!
Ear Muff Oreo Cookies
Write a review
- 1 package of Chocolate Oreo Cookies
- 1 package of Ghirardelli Chocolate Wafers
- 1 package of Ghirardelli White Chocolate Wafers
- 1 bag assorted regular size M&M's
- 1 bag assorted mini M&M's
- 1 container of small candy eyes
- 1 package of Air Heads Xtremes Sweetly Sour Candy, Rainbow Berry
- Using a double boiler melt the Ghirardelli Chocolate wafers.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Place one Oreo cookie at a time in the double boiler working with a fork to spread the chocolate over it and then to flip it over to the other side of the cookie. After both sides of the Oreo have been coated in chocolate put the fork under one side of the cookie lifting it out of the double boiler. Place it on the wax paper lined cookie sheet. Repeat until all of your cookies have been coated in chocolate.
- While the chocolate Oreo is still warm position the white chocolate wafer in the middle of the cookie for the belly.
- Now add the two small candy eyes as pictured before the chocolate dries.
- Set the mini M&M on it's side for the nose between the eyes and belly.
- The chocolate covering the Oreo should still be warm enough to act as the "glue" to hold the belly, eyes, and nose in position.
- Set aside to dry for one hour.
- Separate the regular size M&M's by color. Match the color of the M&M's to one of the colors on the Air Heads Xtremes rainbow. Ex: if the earmuffs are orange then cut the orange stripe out of the rainbow sweetly sour candy.
- Place the M&M's for the earmuffs with the melted chocolate first. Then add the matching head band cut from the piece of rainbow candy. You will still use the *melted chocolate for the glue.
- * If the melted chocolate has harden then melt it again.
My Thoughts, Ideas, and Ramblings http://mythoughtsideasandramblings.com/