I am always on the lookout for cute cookies that I can serve that the kids will love. This Gingerbread House Cookie recipe will have your kids clamoring for more!
Gingerbread House Cookie
Write a review
- 3 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C soft unsalted butter
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1 eggs
- Cookie Cutter: Circle, house, mini gingerbread man, mini reindeer
- 4 egg whites
- 2 C powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 small bowl of coconut flakes, set aside
- Cream the soft butter with the sugar until the combination is smooth not grainy to the touch in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs...Continue to mix.
- Add the vanilla.. Continue mixing.
- Sift the four, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Continue mixing to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Make the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling wrap completely covering the entire dough ball.
- Put in the refrigerator for about 6 hours or overnight. Check to see if the dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pull the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and sit it out to soften up a bit.
- Put flour out on the cutting board, rub flour on the rolling pin, and work some flour into
- the batter. (if needed).
- Roll the dough out on the cutting board and using the cookie cutter begin to make your cookies.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a metal spatula move the cut cookies to the parchment lined cookiesheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Check to see if the cookies are thoroughly baked.
- Take the cookies off of the cookie sheet and put on a wire rack to cool completely. (About 10 minutes).
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes. (except your food coloring)
- If icing is not stiff enough add 1/4 C powder sugar.
- Divide the icing into 5 equal bowls.
- The first bowl of icing remains light brown.
- The second bowl of icing, add several drops of purple gel food coloring. Stir to mix.
- The third bowl of icing, add several drops of pink.
- The fourth bowl of icing remains white.
- The fifth bowl, add a few drops of flesh colored to get a light light tan color.
- Using 5 number #2 tips fitted onto piping bags, scoop some icing into each bag.
- Thin out the brown icing left in the bowl using a tsp of water
- Pipe on snow around the top of the house and fill in with white icing.
- Let sit for 30 minutes.
- pipe an edge using the brown icing around the house, mini gingerbread and reindeer.
- Fill in with the thinner brown icing.
- Let dry for 2-3 hours.
- pipe on a white door and use the purple icing to make lines on the door.
- Use the pink to make pink heart windows and then white to make window lines
- Make 3 dots, in different sizes above the door and pipe on squiggly lines to make "Rose" like looks.
- Decorate the mini gingerbread man and reindeer according to the picture.
- Let dry for another 3 hours
- Dip the circle cookie in thick white icing and then dip the icing covered part of the cookie in coconut flakes.
- Place gingerbread house onto the circle cookie and hold it there for 15 minutes
- Place the gingerbread man and reindeer on the cookie.
- Let dry for 2 hours.
My Thoughts, Ideas, and Ramblings http://mythoughtsideasandramblings.com/