Mini Lattice Apple Pies
Write a review
- 4-5 medium apples
- 6 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter (divided into 12 pieces)
- Peel and chop apples into ½ inch cubes
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Add chopped apples and stir to lightly coat all apple pieces
- Roll out your piecrust onto a flat surface and cut out several circles until you have enough crusts. (I used a wide mouth Mason Jar lid and it worked perfect.)
- Line each muffin tin with your mini piecrust and fill the crusts with your apple mixture.
- Add a small piece of chilled butter onto the top of each mini pie.
- Use your second piecrust to make the top crust for pies
- Brush the crusts lightly with butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, baking pies for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
My Thoughts, Ideas, and Ramblings http://mythoughtsideasandramblings.com/