Did you know that research from the Johns Hopkins University for Summer Learning shows that the average child loses about? 2.6 months of academic learning over the summer? Moms can help work against this by using active outdoor play as a way to spark a child’s imagination, curiosity and learning! I have a few things for you that may help:
- Alphabet Acorns These Alphabet acorns help children learn letter identification and much more. The bottoms of the acorns feature written letters—tops have matching colors. Kids will learn as they match them together. Each acorn also has a color counter inside that corresponds to the letter. This set includes 26 two-piece acorns and 26 color counters.
- Primary Science™ Leap & Launch RocketThis is pure Kid-powered rocket fun – the harder you stomp, the farther the rocket flies. The launch pad features air stomper and adjustable navigation to take play to new heights. It encourages gross motor skills, leg strength, and controlled movements. It also introduces trajectory, projection, force, and motion into play.
- Primary Science Outdoor Discovery Set
You get to explore the world of plants, bugs, and more with simple kid-friendly experiments and fun, safe tools with the Primary Science Outdoor Discovery Set. It is perfectly sized for small hands, this set has everything a budding botanist needs. The activity cards extend the play to tap into naturally curious minds and their interest to learn. This gets children discovering, exploring, and experimenting with safe and fun products that encourage an early love of science and help foster the development of STEM skills.
- Snap N Learn Number Turtles These little turtles help children learn number identification, shapes, counting, colors, and more. The baby turtles’ shells have numbers printed on them; momma turtles’ shells have patterns. Kids will love matching them! You can play hide-and-seek by putting babies under the mommas’ shells! The durable plastic pieces are perfectly sized for little hands!
- Lil’ Lemonade Stand-OffKids get to run their own lemonade stand—while building important educational skills. It helps build memory and teaches money concepts. The one who earns the most money wins! It is a cute little game!
There are so many choices on the market to keep our little ones minds sharp during the summer! There are just a few of them!