With Catholic Schools week right around the corner, I wanted to tell you that if you live in the Chicago area, you definately need to check out our small but mightly school — Our Lady of The Ridge. We are located in Chicago Ridge in the south suburbs. We have a great community of parents, teachers, and kids. They are investing in seeing your kids succeed. We have everything from preschool to tutoring to band to junior stewards to sports. I could go on and on about all the amazing things Our Lady Of The Ridge does, but here’s my list why you need to check out Our Lady Of The Ridge:
- The staffing ratio at Catholic schools (national average) is 13:1 — providing students with a high touch education. This holds true at Our Lady Of Ridge. That ratio is even smaller in some of the classrooms.
- Our Lady of the Ridge School has been a staple of the community since 1954.
- Our alumni send their kids here. We’ve had generations upon generations sending their kids back to this school.
- Our Lady of the Ridge community draws from 12 school districts, providing families with an alternative to the schools located in their area. We have parents driving in from a ton of suburbs and even the city of Chicago to get their children a quality education.
- Our parish has offered one of the lowest tuitions in the Archdiocese, effectively giving every student a scholarship to reduce costs and make a Catholic education accessible to every family who wants it.
- The community at Our Lady of the Ridge remains committed to this goal of educating the next generation of Catholic leaders and plans are underway to strengthen the enrollment and financial health of the school.
- Everyone knows everyone else. Late getting your kids? Another parent with grab them until you arrive. I can’t tell you how many times I get stuck by a train.
- Sister Stephanie. She is one of the most amazing principals. She alone is worth enrolling your children into the school. Sister Stephanie knows who each child is and who their parents are. She knows when everybody’s birthday is and makes sure to wish those kids happy birthday on their special day when they walk in. I’ve watched her do it many mornings, and it still impresses me. When I got sick, she had me come into her office and we prayed together.
- Morning care and after care. We understand people work and have affordable options for you.
- All inclusive tuiton. There are no surprises. There is no book fee, technology fee, fundraising fee, or manna fee. A lot of other Catholic schools in Chicago will list tuiton and then all the fees as separate thing. What you see is what you get. Now, if you use the manna program or fundraise, you can actually lower your tuiton. Pretty cool, right?
Interested in coming to check out Our Lady Of the Ridge? I know you are! You can join us at our Open House on January 29 from 1-3 or on January 31st from 9:30 am – 11:00 am. You can also call the school and set up when you’d like to come see the school at (708) 424-4409. Let them know I sent you!