This post brought to you by CORT. The content and opinions expressed below are that of My Thoughts, Ideas, and Ramblings.
Before I was in 2nd grade, we moved 8 times. Even as I kid, I was a pro at packing and moving. We have moved several times now that I’m an adult, and I have a few tricks up my sleeve to help you with any move you may have coming up.
- Label your boxes with what room they need to go into. This helps all the people who help you move quit asking you where to put stuff. They just look at the box and know which room to put it into.
- Label on the box what is in it. Unless you can unpack your entire house in a day, this comes in super handy when you are looking for a spatula, your plates, or your shoes. There is nothing worse than opening 25 boxes in a room to find some clothes to wear.
- If this is just a temporary move, it may be worth looking into places like CORT Furniture Rental . This is especially true if you are moving cross country and don’t want to pay a moving company to haul all of your things. This also a great way to furnish an apartment for college if you don’t already own things like couches, chairs, bed etc. You can literally rent entire rooms (I want to know where this was when I got my first apartment! I could have totally used a service like this!)
- Don’t wait to the last minute. Start packing a box or more a day when you first find out you are moving.
- When you are done, let your kids play with the boxes! Moving is stressful enough. Ok, I’ll admit there may be some adult playfulness in making that arch, but we had fun. My point is that you can’t get completely stressed out. You have to take a break and realized there is an end to all the boxes that are surrounding you and your life will eventually go back to normal.
I would love to hear about your moving hacks? How did you make your move easier? Did you rent furniture? Did you do any of these tips?