Over the last month or so, my kids have been attending Mathnasium. Never heard of them? Well, Mathnasium is a learning center for just math. They are unique and one of the best centers out there to help your kids with math. There are so many reasons Mathnasium should be on your radar, and why you should look at sending your kids their too!
- They have an education strategy. They use everything: mental, verbal, visual, tactile, and written techniques to get your kids to understand the concepts they are working on. Your kids will walk out understanding new concepts and won’t be frustrated. The instructors take the time to explain things to your kids in whatever way they understand it best.
- They assess where your kids are. On your first visit, your kids will take a test and you can see where they are deficient. You can see exactly where they have gaps on math skills and now you can fix that! We were given our assessment while we were there.
- Your kids get their own workbook with what they need to work on. Both my kids had their own books with their own worksheets to do. They are allowed to go at their own pace (which is good because Madison is slower than Will at doing homework and worksheets.) My kids even brought in some of their math homework and were able to get helped with those concepts too.
- They get rewarded for hard work. The kids got cards for doing worksheets, and there were different prizes to pick from. To get this drum mat, Will had to save up 5 cards (and it isn’t easy to get 5 cards!)
- They are located all over Chicagoland! Did you know that they have over 40 locations in the Chicagoland area? You probably have one close by!
- They work with all sorts of kids. You don’t have to be struggling in math to go to Mathnasium. They work with struggling kids, average kids, gifted kids, etc.
- The instructors work in small groups and not with kids only their age. You may or may not get the same instructor each visit.
- At the end of the month, parents are emailed a Progress Report. You can see exactly where your kids are.
I could go on and on why you should send your kids to Mathnasium. We went during the school year, but heading over there for the summer to stop the summer brain drain would be awesome too. I can only recommend that you check them out!