Who doesn’t love Nightmare Before Christmas? I know my family is a huge fan of it! That’s why we love these Sally Sugar Cookies. They are so fun to make and even more fun to eat! Enjoy!
Nightmare Before Christmas Sally Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Food Coloring teal purple, pink
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Melts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add the butter and sugar.
- beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed.
- Beat until very pale and fluffy (about 3 to 5 minutes).
- Add the egg, and beat until well combined.
- Add in the egg yolk and vanilla extract beat until combined. Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat on low until well combined.
- Divide dough into 4 bowls and add food coloring, mixing well with a fork
- Chill dough for 30 minutes or more
- Make golf ball sized dough balls using 2-3 colors of dough for each cookie
- Bake the cookies 8-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes
- Cool cookies on a baking rack
- Melt a small handful of chocolate melts in a piping bag according to instructions on the bag.
- Snip the tip off the piping bag and use it to add stitches to the cookies.
- Follow the lines of different colors on the cookies.
- Allow to dry for 30 minutes.
Who is your favorite Nightmare Before Christmas character?