Unlock the whimsical charm of Halloween and Christmas combined with our enchanting guide on baking Nightmare Before Christmas cookies. Inspired by Tim Burton's iconic stop-motion masterpiece, these cookies are a delightful fusion of spookiness and holiday cheer. We'll walk you through step-by-step instructions and valuable tips to help bring Halloween Town to your baking endeavors.
Jack Skellington Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cover a cookie sheet (aff) with parchment paper and set aside
- Using a standing mixer (aff), cream together the butter, powder sugar, vanilla and egg and mix until combined and creamy
- Using a large bowl, combined the flour, baking soda and cream of tarter
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients and mix on low speed
- Using your hands continue to mix until fully combined
- Lightly flour a cutting board and knead the cookie dough a couple of times
- Roll out the dough to about 1/2 inch thick
- Cut out 12 circles and place onto a cookie sheet (aff)
- Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly golden brown
- Repeat steps until completely out of dough
- Let cookies cool completely
Royal Icing Directions:
- Using the standing mixer (aff), combine the egg whites, cream of tarter, vanilla and powder sugar and mix until combined and stiff peaks form
- Scoop 1 C of icing into another bowl and mix in a few drops of black gel coloring. Add in a few more drops of black to get the shade you want.
- Scoop some white icing and black icing into the piping bags and set aside
- Add in a few tablespoons of water into the remaining white icing and mix until combined
- Using the white piping bag, pipe a outline around the cookies
- Fill in with the thinner white icing
- Let cookies dry overnight
- Using the black piping bag, pipe the detail of Jack Skellington's eyes onto the cookie and fill in
- Pipe a line for a smile onto the bottom part of the cookie
- Pipe small lines for stitching onto the line for the smile
- Let cookies dry for an hour before enjoying.
As you put the final touches on your Nightmare Before Christmas cookies, you've embarked on a culinary adventure that captures the essence of two beloved holidays in one delicious creation. While baking these Jack Skellington cookies, you've woven enchanting stories of Pumpkin Kings and ragdoll heroes through mixing, rolling, cutting, and decorating.
The beauty of these cookies lies not just in their visual appeal but in the shared experiences they can foster. Imagine gathering friends and family around a table adorned with these whimsical treats, sparking conversations about favorite scenes from the movie or creative variations on the classic designs. These cookies are more than confections; they're a medium for storytelling, laughter, and connection.
These Nightmare Before Christmas cookies stand as a testament to the power of creativity and the magic of cinema. Just as Tim Burton's masterpiece combines the eerie and the heartwarming, your creations capture that same duality in each bite. So, as you savor these delectable treasures, remember that you've not only baked cookies but crafted memories, sparked imagination, and spread the joyous spirit of the holiday season. Here's to many more delightful baking adventures that bridge the gap between fantasy and reality, just like Jack bridged the gap between Halloween and Christmas!