There is a new featurette for you to enjoy for Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Men Tell No Tales:
I also promised this really good Pirate Skull Cookies recipes. You can enjoy these cookies as you watch the movie!
Pirate Skull Cookies
- 3 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C soft unsalted butter
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1 eggs
- Cookie Cutter: skull cutter
- 2 egg whites
- 1 C powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Black and red food coloring
- 3 piping bag with a number two tip
- 2 squeeze bottle
- Cream the soft butter with the sugar until the combination is smooth not grainy to the touch in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs. Continue to mix.
- Add the vanilla. Continue mixing.
- Sift the four, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Continue mixing to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Make the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling wrap completely covering the entire dough ball.
- Put in the refrigerator for about 6 hours or overnight. Check to see if the dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pull the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and sit it out to soften up a bit.
- Put flour out on the cutting board, rub flour on the rolling pin, and work some flour into
- the batter. (if needed).
- Roll the dough out on the cutting board and using the cookie cutter begin to make your cookies.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a metal spatula move the cut cookies to the parchment lined cookiesheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Check to see if the cookies are thoroughly baked.
- Take the cookies off of the cookie sheet and put on a wire rack to cool completely. (About 10 minutes).
- combine all ingredients except the colors into a standing mixing bowl.
- mix on medium speed onto stiff peaks form
- Split the icing into three bowls
- Add black color to 1 bowl
- Add red coloring to the 2nd bowl
- Leave the 3rd bowl white
- Scoop some of each of the icing into 3 individual piping bags
- Add 2 TBSP of water to the white and red icing bowls
- Once those colors are thinned, add the icing into the 2 squeeze bottles
- Outline the top corner of the skull cookie in red
- Outline the rest of the skull in white icing
- Fill in the red with the thinned red icing
- Fill in the white with the white thinned icing
- Add in white dots in the red
- Let dry for 1 hour
- Add the skulls face with the black piping bag
- Let dry for 4 hours before enjoying
Follow PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DisneyPirates
Like PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PiratesOfTheCaribbean
Follow PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/disneypirates/
Visit the official PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES website here: http://pirates.disney.com/
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES opens in theaters everywhere May 26th!