International Women’s Day was recognized this month across the world. Rest assured, Netflix is home to girls and women who mean business. Whether it’s Violet’s quick wit, Elena’s activist mentality, or Deidra & Laney’s unorthodox thinking, there’s something for every girl to relate to. Now, for us women – I have been compiling my list of 6 women comedians you need to watch. Binge watching Netflix on the weekends in my guilty pleasure, and I have spent many a weekend watching these phenomenal women doing they thing (and they are pretty funny might I add!).
- Ali Wong. She is, by far, my favorite comedian on Netflix right now. Her Baby Cobra special had me giggling throughout. Any woman who can do standup being that pregnant deserves a medal.
- Katherine Ryan. I will warn you – you may get offended by her standup. Bill and I laughed through her In Trouble comedy special.
- Iliza Shlesinger. She has 3 Netflix comedy specials. I love them all!
- Cristela Alonzo. This is a Latina comedian that tells it like it is.
- Chelsea Peretti. You may recognize Chelsea Peretti from Brooklyn Nine-Nine. She is definitely a character comedian.
- Jen Kirkman. She is the queen of observational comedy on dating, relationships, weddings, divorce and the single life.
Who is your favorite female comic?