I am going to surprise you all. I have never been to Summerfest until this summer. Yes, I grew up in Wisconsin. Yes, I know how shocking it is. That being said, I can tell you that I was missing something by not going. My family and I got to experience Summerfest in all its glory (and it is still going on so you can still go!). Since this was my first time, I feel like I can give you all some tips that I learned:
- Download the Summerfest app. They have some great deals in there including weekday tickets! This is a must get app on your phone plus it will help you navigate where everything is, who is playing, etc.
- Don’t eat before you go in. This is a mistake that we made. There was so much good food all over the place.
- Stay hydrated. There are booths everywhere to get things to drink. Summerfest is a long day and night, so you need to make sure you have plenty of fluids especially if it is hot.I totally got a kick out of the booths selling root beer. I may have giggled every time I saw one of these. We also shared one of these ginormous lemonades:
- Speaking of booths, there are a ton of them there. I know you mostly go to Summerfest for the music, but there is so much fun going on at the booths. For example, if you check out the Hills Bros. booth, you can get a well-deserved caffeine boost from the samples they are handing out all of Summerfest! There is also tons of stuff you can buy and enjoy. If you stop in to say hi and get your free sample, let them know I sent you!
- Don’t be afraid to bring the kids. Besides the playground, there is a ton of stuff for them to do too! We spent a long time playing in the Kohls are making crafts!There was also a PS4 trailer there that the kids spent over an hour in playing games!
- Enjoy the scenery. The lakefront in Milwaukee there is quite pretty.
- Sit down at each of the stages and enjoy the music. I can tell you that Summerfest really does have something for everyone. There was rock, there was country, there were bands that just set up shop where the booths were. We are a huge music family, so we enjoyed really hearing music everywhere we went.
- Take some pictures! There are a ton of places to get some really fun pictures throughout the grounds. There is no better way to preserve your memories!
- You can bring your purse in. For me, that was a big one to find out, so I wanted to pass it along. Now, you can’t bring a ginormous tote bag or a backpack.
- Go there with the mindset you are going to have fun.
As you can see, we had a great time! I can only recommend checking out everything Summerfest has to offer especially the free coffee at Hills Bros. If you’ve gone, I’d love to hear some of your tips, because we will definitely be attending next year!