Lifelong educator and storyteller V.A. Boeholt has created a world of discovery for young readers that enrich their minds with endearing lessons about friendship, problem-solving and character building. Boeholt’s engaging stories introduce children not only to concepts like counting, sequencing and vocabulary building, but also to ideals like humility, gratitude, service and problem-solving. Featuring the delightful illustrations of acclaimed artist Nathaniel P. Jensen, each story provides a unique opportunity for parents and teachers to apply life-shaping principles at home or in the classroom, setting the stage for character development in an enjoyable, memorable way.
I really like the Burton the Kind Scarecrow series. Besides teaching all of these great lessons, it is a really great story. The illustrations are phenomenal. There are 5 books in this series:
- Burton the Kind Scarecrow – With winter approaching, Burton the Scarecrow helps his friends in Farmer Green’s field find shelter.
- Burton’s Friendship Garden – When Farmer Green can’t plant his garden, Burton and his friends step in to help.
- Burton’s Harvest Party – When Farmer Green’s Harvest Party plans are disrupted, Burton and his friends save the day.
- Burton and the Christmas Tree – Burton the Scarecrow and his special friends teach a damaged Christmas tree what it truly means to be first rate.
- Burton Helps Dixie Duck – Dixie Duck wants a family. With Burton the Scarecrow’s help, seven beautiful eggs hatch safely.
These stories all pull your kids in and are short enough to keep their attention. That is why I am giving away a set of these books! Here’s what you need to do: