Step into a world of enchantment this Halloween with our homemade Disney-themed cupcakes. If you're a fan of all things Disney and love the spooktacular spirit of Halloween, then you are in for a treat! Here is how to create these whimsical and delicious cupcakes to bring to your spooky celebrations.
Whether hosting a Halloween party or just creative baking, these Disney Halloween cupcakes will add fun and flavor to your festivities. Let us dive into the world of imagination and flavor as we embark on this delightful baking adventure!
Disney Halloween Cupcakes
Chocolate Cupcakes Ingredients
Chocolate Cupcake Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Mix in the vanilla.
- Combine sour cream and water.
- Begin to add the dry ingredients to the eggs and vanilla mixture. Alternate adding the dry ingredients with the sour cream and water mixture. Beat to combine after each addition.
- Scoop batter into cupcake paper liners until 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes while in the cupcake pan.
- Remove from the cupcake pan placing on a wire rack until completely cool.
- Beat butter in a medium mixing bowl on medium speed or until fluffy.
- Add dark cocoa powder and powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until blended.
- Test to see if frosting can make and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting holds to the spoon, then it is ready, if not, fold in more powdered sugar.
- Scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large star frosting tip. Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
- Begin frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake working inward to the center of the cupcake.
- Pour the black sprinkles into a bowl.
- Dip each frosted cupcake into the bowl with sprinkles. Make sure that all of the frosting is covered.
- Add 1 mini Oreo to each side of the frosted/sprinkled cupcake.
- Tear the orange fondant into small pieces, then roll it into a ball.
- Working with your hands shape the fondant into a witches hat.
- Place the hat on the center on top of the frosted cupcake.
As we wrap up our Disney Halloween cupcake adventure, we hope you've enjoyed the journey into the magical world of Disney-inspired baking. These marvelous treats capture the essence of your favorite Disney characters and infuse Halloween's spooktacular spirit into each bite. Creativity knows no bounds when creating these cupcakes, so feel free to let your imagination run wild.
Whether celebrating with friends and family or simply indulging in delicious nostalgia, these cupcakes are a fantastic way to make Halloween special and memorable this year. We wish you a bewitching and sweet Halloween filled with joy (aff), laughter, and the magic of Disney!
If you like this dessert, check out our Witch Hat Cookies!