If your kids are in elementary school, you most likely have heard of Boxtops. For those of you who don’t know, I am the Boxtop coordinator for my kids’ school. That means I know more about Box Tops than I ever wanted to know. That also being said, please ask me questions about any part of the program. I most likely know the answer or know who to ask to get it. I think I’ve been the coordinator since Madison was in kindergarten or first grade. She’s going into 7th grade this year. Needless to say, I’ve been doing this a long time!
Box Tops are on the packaging of hundreds of participating products that you probably use every day. All you need to do is cut them off of the box they are on, stick them in a baggie, and send them to school with your child. Each Box Top is worth .10 cents. Here’s a list of just a few of the products you can buy with Box Tops.
- Reynolds® Parchment Paper
- Reynolds® Cooking Baking Sheets
- Reynolds® Bakeware Pans
- Reynolds® StayBrite® Baking Cups
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liners
- Reynolds® Oven Bags
- Hefty® Strong Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags
- Hefty® Ultra Strong™ Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags
- Hefty® Ultra Strong™ BlackOut® Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags
- Hefty® Cinch Sak® Large Trash Bags and Lawn & Leaf Bags
- Hefty® Easy Flaps® Tall Kitchen Bags and Large Trash Bags
- Hefty® Renew® Tall Kitchen Bags and Trash Bags
- Hefty® SteelSak® Trash Bags
- Hefty® Twist Tie Tall Kitchen Bags and Trash and Lawn & Leaf Bags
- Hefty® Ultra Flex® Trash Bags
- Hefty® Easy Grip® Cups
- Hefty® Deluxe™ Plates and Platters
- Hefty® Everyday™ Soak Proof Bowls
- Hefty® Everyday™ Soak Proof Plates
- Hefty® Style™ Prints Cups
- Hefty® Style Plates
- Hefty® Ultimate™ Easy Grip® Cups
- EZ Foil® by Hefty® Bakeware Pans
This is honestly just a small listing of what has them. I always have parents ask me what they can do to make my life easier. I want to give you all some advice that will make the Box Top coordinator in your life happy. First, please trim your Box Tops. I’ve been sent in everything from entire boxes of cereal to entire labels. I literally recycle entire garbage bags of paper clippings. Now, Box Tops will accept anything I send but all of that extra increases my postage costs. That is why I clip everything. Also, check for expiration dates. Yes, Box Tops expire and we don’t make money off expired ones. I’ve had entire envelopes and baggies I’ve thrown away of expired ones. It makes me literally ill to have to do that. We have to bundle the Box Tops in groups of 50s. If you precount your Box Tops, you save me time. I will double check your counts (because I double check my own too), but if my count matches your count, we are good. Your coordinator most likely won’t tell you any of these things, because we don’t want to be a burden on people. I try and make it easy as possible on my parents, so they do turn this in. My kids go to a very small school, and we literally need every cent!
That is why I have to tell you about the Hefty and Reynolds Box Tops for Education “School Supplied” sweepstakes and daily instant win game. They are giving away thousands of product prizes PLUS 10,000 eBoxTops to 5 lucky schools!! Make sure you enter! Your local school will thank you if you win!
Do you participate in your school’s Box Top program? (And if your school doesn’t have a program, I’ll happily take yours!)
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.