I love using products in my own home (aff) to make scrubs. I then know what ingredients are in everything that touches our skin here. Your skin will feel so soft plus smell great! Plus, this Peppermint Sugar Scrub makes a great gift!
- 2 (aff) cups white or cane sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (use more or less depending on desired consistency)
- Natural Red food coloring (you can also use regular food coloring if you wish)
- Peppermint essential oil(I use Young Living due to their purity and guarantee)
- Mason jar(s) with lid (makes multiple 4oz and 1/2 (aff) pint jars or 1 full pint jar)
- Pour sugar into medium sized mixing bowl
- Add coconut oil until desired consistency is reached; stir
- Place a few drops of peppermint essential oil into the mixture
- Divide your sugar scrub mix into two equal portions
- Add a drop or two of food coloring into one of the portions until you reach the color of red you would like.
- In the Mason jar (aff), alternate pink and white layers of sugars to create a “candy cane” effect. Press sugar down with a spoon to compact between layers.
- Attach a cute label (the labels below are printable for you to use!) to your jar and you have a great DIY gift anyone will be sure to love!