April showers bring May flowers. They also bring lots of things we need to do for spring cleaning! I’ve created a small checklist for you to follow to help you not forget to clean something important!
- Dust all your ceiling fans, light fixtures, and blinds in your home.
- Check your basement/crawl space to make sure you don’t have any leaks or water damage.
- Clean your windows and windowsills.
- Change the batteries in your smoke detectors/carbon monoxide detectors.
- Clean all of your kitchen appliances.
- Clean behind and beneath the refrigerator.
- Clean behind and beneath the stove.
- Wash all your bedding.
- If you change out your clothes for the seasons, now is the time to do that. Pull out those winter sweaters and put in tank tops and shorts.
- Go through your old medicine and toiletries and discard what you no longer need or what is expired.
- Scrub the shower, bathtub, and toilet. Give everything a deep clean.
- Change your shower curtain liner.
- Clean behind your washer and dryer.
- Check the venting of your dryer to make sure it isn’t full of lint.
- Check your attic to make sure there are no signs of water damage or mold as ice on roofs during the winter can cause attic mold growth in the spring. If mold growth is found, contact a professional like Water Mold Fire Restoration to make sure the issues are completely eradicated.
By following this spring cleaning checklist, you will have hit all the areas in your house that need a little work in the spring! Happy cleaning!