If you're looking to add a touch of whimsy and a burst of taste to your dessert table, you've come to the right place. In this delectable journey, we'll guide you through the art of creating charming and delicious turkey cupcakes that are as delightful to look at as they are to devour. These cupcakes are a true masterpiece with a perfect balance of moist cake, creamy frosting, and creative decorations. Whether hosting a Thanksgiving feast, a kids' birthday party, or simply indulging your sweet tooth, these treats will surely steal the show. Get ready to embark on a baking adventure that will satisfy your cravings and impress your guests. Let's dive into the world of baking and transform ordinary cupcakes into extraordinary edible works of art!
- Place paper liners in the cupcake pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stiff the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a another bowl beat the eggs, whole milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Add the eggs, whole milk, oil, and vanilla to the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Beat together until fully mixed.
- Beat for 3 minutes on medium.
- Slowly add the boiling water starting with a small amount then pour in the remaining boiling water.
- The batter may be a little runny.
- Scoop batter into cupcake lined cups until 3/4s filled.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Take out of the cupcake pan placing on a wire rack until completely cooled.
- Beat the softened butter on its own until smooth.
- Add cocoa and powdered sugar alternately with heavy cream into the creamed butter until it becomes a smooth and thick texture. If the frosting is too thick, add more heavy cream; if too thin, add more powdered sugar.
- Scoop frosting into a large pastry bag with a large frosting tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push frosting to the tip.
- Frost cupcakes starting from the outside edge of the cupcake working toward the center of the cupcake.
Royal Icing Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl on medium speed for 4 minutes. (except your food coloring). If the icing is not stiff enough, add 1/4 C powdered sugar.
- Divide the icing into three bowls.
- The first bowl add several drops of orange gel food coloring. Stir to blend.
- In the second bowl, add drops of red gel food coloring, mixing well to incorporate the color.
- The third bowl of icing remains white.
- Pour each icing color into individual frosting bags with #5 tips. Twist the open end of the bag to push the icing to the tip.
- Refer to the picture of the cupcakes for directions.
- Lay the Fudge striped cookies strip side down.
- Lay out the candy corn on the fudge side of the cookie.
- Remove the candy corn and add some white icing for the “glue”.
- Lay the candy corn with the white tip down towards the center of the cookie.
- Allow some time to dry. (up to 30 minutes, checking to make sure they are dry)
- Once dry stick the cookie into the back of the frosted cupcake to secure the “tail”.
- For the turkey eyes, separate two Oreo cookies per cupcake. Keep as much filling on the half of the Oreo cookie as possible. Disregard the other Oreo half into your mouth.
- Using white icing “glue” the chocolate M&M (eye ball) to the Oreo cookie half that has the filling on it.
- Allow time for the eye ball (M&M) to dry.
- While the ball is drying , using the orange icing make a dot for the nose. Allow 30 seconds for the nose to dry.
- Apply the red icing for the waddle just below the nose. Allow 30 seconds for this to dry before adding the eyes to the cupcake. Check to see if dry by a gently touch on top of the waddle.
- Apply a small amount of the white icing to the back of the each eye and place it on the cupcake.
- Refer to the picture of the completed cupcakes for the correct position of the eyes.
- Allow a little more time to dry before moving.
We hope you've found inspiration and excitement in this Turkey cupcake recipe. Baking is not just a culinary endeavor; it's an expression of creativity and love. Infuse this recipe with your unique touch, creating memories with every swirl of frosting and sprinkle of decoration. May your future baking endeavors be filled with sweetness, smiles, and the warm aroma of freshly baked cupcakes. Happy baking!