Looking for a great desdsert to take to your next holiday party? Have no fear, because this amazing Holly Holiday Bundt Cake is exactly what you need!
Holly Holiday Bundt Cake
Write a review
- 1/2 C unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 baking soda
- 3/4 C buttermilk
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Red and green gel food coloring
- 1 C soft unsalted butter
- 4 + C powder sugar
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep bundt cake pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Beat butter on high for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract to the butter until well combined.
- Add egg whites, one at a time, mixing after each.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each.
- Add 1/3 C flour mixture to the wet mixture followed by adding 1/3 C of the buttermilk; add 1/3 C flour mixture again then add 1/3 C buttermilk mix on low speed, add 1/3 C of flour and add the rest of 1/3 C of buttermilk mix in low speed until thoroughly blended.
- Divide the batter into two bowls.... add red gel food coloring to one.... add green gel food coloring to the second. Stir well.
- Spray the bundt pan with Pam spray.
- Begin by spooning in some of the red batter and spoon some green on top. Alternate the red and green batter into the bundt pan.
- Bake the cake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes then remove the cake from the Bundt pan and place on a wire rack until completely cooled.
- Cream the butter and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy.
- If it doesn't cream add several drops of the heavy whipping cream until it creams. Once the frosting has the right consistency begin by using a large spoon drizzle the frosting on the cake.
- Allow all frosting to dry on the cake.
My Thoughts, Ideas, and Ramblings http://mythoughtsideasandramblings.com/