Did I ever tell you how much I love chocolate? It ranks as number one for favorite foods for me, so when I came across these instructions of how to do Chocolate Meditation not only did I have to try it, I had to blog about it.
- Get yourself a nice bar of chocolate (I prefer dark chocolate) and cut out three pieces.
- Take one of the pieces and just look at it. Study its color, its shading, its size.
- Now feel the chocolate — feel its texture. Imagine the process that it took to create the bar of chocolate — from melted to solid bar.
- Smell the chocolate; take in its fine aroma. You are absorbing its essence into your body. What does the smell remind you of?
- Now, place the chocolate into your mouth. Let it sit there and melt. Savor the chocolate — is it too sweet? Is it just perfect? Feel it dissolve in your mouth and into your being. The chocolate is now a part of you.
- After you are done, reflect on the experience. Had you truly enjoyed a chocolate before? Have you truly savored anything in that manner before?
Granted, I mostly like to just shove the chocolate in my mouth. These instructions slow you down and you actually get to enjoy the chocolate too. This just makes you step back and reflect. You can do this with other foods or aspects of your life. This should come in extremely handy in the next couple holiday stress filled weeks.
Off to go find chocolate!