Embark on a delightful culinary adventure as we unveil the magic behind Finding Dory Cookies! Imagine bringing the enchanting underwater world of Disney Pixar's beloved characters to your kitchen, one delicious cookie at a time. This exclusive guide will reveal the secrets to crafting these adorable and mouthwatering treats. Whether you're a dedicated baker, a Disney lover, or need a delightful escape, these cookies are a treat where every bite tells a whimsy and flavor story!
If you've not seen Finding Dory, it occurs six months after Finding Nemo. The story begins with Dory having fragmented memories of her parents and childhood. Determined to find them, she sets out on an epic (aff) adventure across the ocean with Marlin and Nemo. Along the way, Dory faces challenges and encounters new friends, including Hank, a cantankerous octopus and Destiny, a nearsighted whale shark. The movie explores family, friendship, and self-discovery themes and delves into Dory's struggle with short-term memory loss. As she overcomes obstacles and learns valuable life lessons, Dory's journey becomes a heartwarming and inspiring tale for audiences of all ages.
How To Make Finding Dory Cookies
- Cream the soft butter with the sugar until the combination is smooth, not grainy to the touch in a mixing bowl.
- Add all four eggs and continue to mix.
- Add the vanilla and continue mixing.
- Sift the four, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Continue mixing to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Make the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling wrap completely covering the entire dough ball.
- Put in the refrigerator for about 6 hours or overnight.
- Check to see if the dough is firm.
- Pull the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and sit it out to soften up a bit.
- Put flour on a cutting board, rub flour on a rolling pin (aff), and work some flour into the batter. (if needed)
- Roll the dough out on the cutting board and using the cookie cutter begin to make your cookies.
- Line the cookie sheet (aff) with parchment paper.
- Using a metal spatula move the cut cookies to the parchment lined cookie sheet (aff).
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Check to see if the cookies are thoroughly baked.
- Take the cookies off of the cookie sheet and put on a wire rack to cool completely. (About 10 minutes).
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes (except food coloring)
- If the icing is not stiff enough, add 1/4 C powder sugar.
- Divide the icing into 5 equal bowls.
- The first bowl of icing remains white.
- The second bowl of icing, add several drops of blue gel food coloring. Stir to mix.
- In the third bowl, add several drops of black into the icing and mix.
- In the fourth bowl, add several drops of brown into the icing and mix.
- In the fifth bowl, add several drops of yellow into the icing and mix.
- Spoon a little bit of each color of icing into individual frosting bags with a #2 tips. Twist the open end of the bag to push the icing to the tip.
- Squeeze the majority of the icing into a bowl then add 1 tsp of water to this icing and stir to mix the water and icing together.
- Using a edible marker, draw on dory using a easy cartoon image to replicate her.
- Using the blue icing, fill in the blue part on her body as well as the line on her fin.
- Let dry (about 10 minutes).
- Using the black icing, fill in the black part of her body, tail, and fin.
- Using the yellow icing, fill in her tail, and both fins.
- Using the white icing, fill in her eyes.
- Using the brown, add a small dot in the middle of her eyes, for a iris.
- Using the black icing, add the pupil.
- Let dry for 4 hours before enjoying!
From the mixing bowl to your belly, these Finding Dory Cookies are more than just a delightful treat. They are a testament to the joy of creativity and the magic of imagination. As you savor each bite, remember the journey that went into crafting these adorable ocean-themed sweets. We hope this guide has satisfied your taste buds and inspired your inner chef to explore new horizons. So, gather your ingredients, unleash your creativity, and let your baking adventures go swimmingly well!