With Halloween right around the corner, these to easy to make Halloween desserts are just what you need! Who doesn’t want to look like they have spent hours crafting a dessert when it really only took you a little bit of time? Jack Skellington is one of our favorite characters, so these Jack Skellington treats are a huge hit in my house.
Jack Skellington Treats
- 1 box of white ding dongs
- 1 1/2 C powder sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- black gel food coloring
- 1 disposable piping bag with a number 2 tip
- Unwrap the ding dongs and place them onto a cookie sheet fitted with wax paper
- Using a standing mixer add in the powder sugar, egg white, cream of tarter, and vanilla
- Mix on medium speed for about 5-6 minutes
- Once stiff peaks form, scoop the icing into another bowl and add in a few drops of black food coloring and mix
- Add in a few more drops of food coloring to get the shade that you want.
- Scoop the icing into the piping bag
- Pipe on Jacks eyes and lines for his nose onto the top center of the ding dong.
- Next pipe the line and stitching for his mouth close to the bottom of the ding dong.
- Let sit to dry for an hour before enjoying