Cream Cheese Heart Mints
Write a review
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 3 cups lightly packed powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract (or other flavor like vanilla, almond, raspberry, etc)
- hot pink food coloring
- 1 inch heart shaped cookie cutter
- extra powdered sugar
- Use a food processor to pulse the cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar until it reaches a crumble.
- Add extract and pulse until it becomes a ball of dough.
- On a non-stick surface coated in powdered sugar, break the dough into 2 even chunks, set one aside.
- Place a few drops of hot pink food coloring on the dough and knead, adding powdered sugar as needed to prevent sticking, until the color is uniform.
- Coat a rolling pin in powdered sugar and roll the dough 1/8th inch thick. Use the cookie cutter to cut hearts and use a thin metal spatual to transfer them to a sheet of wax paper. Continue rolling and cutting the dough until there is about 2 tablespoons left.
- Mix the extra dough into the dough you set aside and kneead, adding powdered sugar as needed to until it is a uniform light pink color.
- Repeat step 5.
- Allow the heart shaped mints to dry on wax paper for at least 2 hours before serving.
My Thoughts, Ideas, and Ramblings http://mythoughtsideasandramblings.com/